Information originally posted on www.ececaf.ca
Founded in 1941, ECECAF is the Employee Civic Employees Charitable Assistance Fund and has over 11,000 participating members from 9 unions and associations.
As a duespayer to Local 196 UNA, you are a participating member of ECECAF.
Employee contributions to the fund are 1/4 of 1% and all monies go directly to ECECAF. Effective in January 2018, 75% of all contributions are allocated to the charitable portion of the fund and 25% of contributions are allocated to the scholarship portion. The charitable portion is included on all members’ annual T4s. The money is divided into charitable donations and membership services such as driver education subsidies, scholarships, and special aid for members and their families.
ECECAF is administered by a Board of Trustees comprised of one representative from each of the nine participating unions and associations. Two separate trust agreements signed by participating unions and associations and registered with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) govern the fund. The positions of the trustees are volunteer and selected
by their representing union or association. Within Local 196, Joy Arntzen, LocalPresident sits on the Board as our representative.
The membership consists of:
- Alberta Health Services Community Care & Public Health, Association of Management and Non-Union Affiliates (AMNUA)
- Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU), Local 569
- Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE), Local 30 -Edmonton Civic Employees
- City of Edmonton Management Association (CEMA)
- Edmonton Fire Fighters Union (EFFU), Local 209
- Edmonton Police Senior Officers’ Association
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW), Local 1007
- Unifor, Local 829
- United Nurses of Alberta (UNA), Local 196
The Board of Trustees endeavors to distribute financial assistance as fairly as possible to support our members and promote healthy communities within the Edmonton region.
Since 1941, ECECAF has donated over $35 million to charities in the Edmonton region.
As a contributor to the ECECAF fund, you are eligible for membership services. Please see the links below for more information.